Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 February 2009

My lovely wool winder











Meet my rather lovely wool winder......................... :) I bought it at the Guild for only 50p. I was given an old wooden one many eyars ago, but it was, sadly, beyond repair. I then took a notion to make myself one, and found lots of projects on the net, but never got around to it. In the meantime, this turned up, so this is now being used, and I love it. The box seems original, and judging from the photo on the enclsoed leaflet, it dates from the 30s. It all folds down to a very small size, easy to store, and Bean and MrL grateful for not having to do the arm thing any more LOL - although I have used the back of chairs before, and my own feet.........................
It really makes winding a doddle! The wool on it at the moment is a very beauiful shade of chestnut, bought a couple of eyars ago in a charity shop in Broadstone, pure Shetland wool, for 3.95 for a large number of skeins, destined for a shawl whose pattern I found on the internet somewhere. I want to get it on the needles today, but I've so much else to do.........................
............. so I probably will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment