Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 July 2009

More small knittings














I seem to have been doing a bit less knitting than usual lately, and smaller things too. I've finished two orders for dishcloths and a retro -style tea cosy, so they're done and ready for the off tomorrow. Got sock withdrawal symptoms too, so did another pair for me from some wool that was being used for a jumper I fell out of love with and wasn't really very interesting - either to look at or to knit. I did cast on a cotton cardigan last night, for me, to have a bigger project on the go; it's going well so far. Duck egg blue cotton with pink and white cabbage roses along the borders, and a lace edging. I think I picked up the pattern in a charity shop a couple of years ago, but am hoping it turns out well, the colours are beautiful. I find intarsia with 4 ply cotton a bit awkward and slippy to do, so will Swiss darn the white and the green leaves when done. Finding it hard to put down thsi morning! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment