Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 27 April 2009

Skeins of loveliness.............



I was lucky enough to win a pair of tickets to the Stitch and Creative Crafts show at the Royal Bath and West showground at Shepton Mallett, so MrL kindly chauffeured me there yesterday. I knew what to expect, as I had been to one a few years back. I'm not interested in a lot of the crafts on show, although I did look at most things LOL Pleased to find 4 (I think) knitting stands, one fairly commerical and "ordinary", one full of glittery and glitzy yarns, not my thing at all, and the other two were lovely. One was a commercial one, seeling brand names, but at the top end of the market. I didn't want to spend much (with a house full of fleece and a husband to keep me in check!), but couldn't resis the skein of fuschia pink cotton. This is waht the label says:

"This beautiful yarn is produced in support of the Mirasol project. By purchasing it you are contributing to the project and supporting children in the highlands of Peru. A portion of every purchase is dedicated directly to the funding of a school in the remote region of Puno."

This is them:http://www.mirasolperu.com/

The cotton is so soft to the touch, and such a sumptuous colour. I haven't decided what to do with it yet........

Thether skeins are some hand dyed sock wool form this lady:

http://ehdknits.com/

One of my favourite stands int he whole show, for serious yarn addicts! Such beauty to stroke, and decide upon. The socks are already on the needles, dear readers, and in honour of such gorgeous yarn I have finally got around to actually designing this pair myself, my first go. I have a niggle that I rely too much on other peoples' patterns, when I'm more than capable of designing my own, so that's what I'm doing. Relly nice to knit with, and with a good elasticity so far. Will post up a pic of sock progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment