Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 11 May 2009

New fleece


WE had a lovely day out yesterday at a local village annual event. One of the highlights for me is seeing a man called Dave shearing the small flock of mixed sheep he runs on the estate, in addition to his own on his own farm. I bought a couple of fleeces two years back, and was determined not to crumble and get another one. But I did...........LOL. No charge this year, he was happy to give it to me, nice man. I was able to choose which one I wanted, and chose a Romney X, and the sheep was sheared right in front of me. He did invite me to shear, but I declined, but now wish I'd had a go. I have shorn a sheep with hand shears many years, ago, taking so long that the sheep dozed off...................
So, I have my very own custom-sheared fleece to process now; lovely wool, looking forward to doing it. Updates will appear here. The photo shows him in action ,shearing *my* fleece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment