Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 18 May 2009

BAthroom cloths


Confined to barracks by rain and howling winds yesterday, I spent the morning int he kitchen cooking, with knitting in between. The pink cloths are for the bathroom; I'm about to re-decorate in there, pinks and bluses, possibly florals, so set to and got these done from the cerise cotton I got at the show a few weeks back. Very pleased with them, they're lovely and soft, and should wear well.

As for teh Shipwreck shawl - well!! LOL I have fallen out of love with the printed pattern, but not he shawl itself. Having a long hard look at it, I think the variegated greens aren't showing the patterning to its best advantage, so that's being undone. I've started another shawl with the green, a feather and fan pattern, nice and easy, but quite effective, and the pattern shows up better, being much simpler. Hey ho!

I got a lovely HUGE cone of very fine wool in a pale-ish grey at the scrapstore on saturday, might be destined for some lacey gorgeousness soon...........

No comments:

Post a Comment