Followers

Total Pageviews

Thursday 8 August 2013

Delft


This is the latest to be cast on. I started the Judy furlong's Delft cardigan in Knitter magazine, but wasn't entirely happy with the pattern. I was unsure about the style of the shaping at the front and the shorter sleeves. I got as far as the first few rows of the pattern, and decided against it and laid it aside. The wool, however, is just too beautiful not to use in something similar because of the exquisite colours, especially when the three shades of blue are combined with the light cream. It's from New Lanark Mills, and smells wonderfully woolly!  So, I've cast on in the round again, and am adapting the pattern to a sleeveless pullover, and am much happier in my mind that it will work out well. I'm enjoying knitting it, and don't want to put it down, and that's the sign of a happy knitter to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment