Followers

Total Pageviews

Monday 13 February 2012

Knitted pot

This is one thing I lvoe doing - knitting with fabric. The resulting item is always a surprise due to a lot of factors. this was a 50p skirt fromt eh charity shop, a wrap aroudn skirt for a very thin person! No good for me, but the tie-dye pattern in these colours was very pretty, so it came haome with me and has beenw aiting for a year or so to be used. I cut and tore it carefully into strips about 1 - 2 cm wide - not too acurately, I must admit, but it adds to the recycled quirky feel of the thing. The body is knitted in the round and the base is a crochet circle to fit, sewn in afterwards, and the loose ends secured and trimmed. I don't know what I'll put in it - maybe nothing at all as it's so pretty just to look at. Pleased with this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment