Total Pageviews

Monday, 30 March 2009

Lacey camo socks finished

What's next, then? LOL

Thursday, 26 March 2009

More socks

Cast these on on Wednesday night; Rollercoaster is the name of the pattern, for the Sockamania group I have just joined. This is the first monthly sock pattern I've done. Lovely, easy two row pattern, very effective, giving lacey bits and chevrons. I like the use of the camo wool with the more feminine pattern, makes me smile :)

Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Poppies waistcoat finished

At last! It's off the needles and ready to wear :) Was a long time in the making, having to order more wool twice to complete it. Pelased with it, it's nice and woolly and warm. A slight variation on Kaffee Fassett's Persian Poppies, using Twilley's Freedom Spirit wool to provide the colouring. I Swiss darned teh centres afterwards for ease, bit fiddly with wee scraps of black as I went, so wnet for this option.

Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Welly socks

These were done for an order for someone on the forum - nice and thick, with a reinforced heel, double thickness. The wool is a lovely pure wool with burnt orange and blue flecks in. I've a little bit left of it, so will incorporate it into something else to use it up.

Poppies update

Update on teh waistcoat; it looked just like a pile of bumfly knitting until I added the black centres and cblocked the pieces; now it's looking really good. Armhole edgings done, and half of the front borders. I hope to get it finished by tonight and on with the Aeolian shawl and other things.

Thursday, 19 March 2009

Beanie beano

I did these a couple of weeks ago on a wet Sunday; quick to knit up, and great fun. Pattern was from Yarn Forward magazine, done in the round, which I like. The pink and white one reminds me of raspberry ripple ice cream LOL; pure wool, space dyed with srawberry Kool Aid, the first time I've used this for dyeing. Great fun, but the smell was awful, and I'd never drink it :0 The other pink one is some yarn I'd spun and partially dyed with cochineal, overdyed with strawberry Kool Aid again. The third one is all handspun, with a apttern of hearts on it.

Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Maja shawl finished

I set to and got this finished last night; I only needed to wind one more ball, so got straight to the knitting when it was done, and completed the last repeat of the pattern. I'm very pleased with it - love the pattern. The wool is Shetland, a gorgeous rich shade of chestnut, bought in a charity shop in Broadstone about 3 years ago now - just waiting for its time LOL. I have quite a few skeins left, so enough to knit something meaningful with the rest of it.
It would look good and drape well in a heavier sily yarn I think.
I'm up to 6 yucca repeats on teh Aeolian, and managed two blanket squares yesterday too.

Monday, 16 March 2009

Shawl update

Got to grips with this after a couple of false starts with yarn I wasn't sure about. Thsi is now well on its way with a nice wool/raw silk mix I got from the Scrapstore a couple of years back. Pleased with progress so far, and it knits up quite quickly - not the best of photos, but it reminds me of a moth...........:) The yarn wshes and blocks well, so that will make all the difference to the finished shawl.
I've a pair of socks to do in a hurry, starting tomorrow, I need to wind the wool to finish another shawl and have cast on for a pair of WW2 glvoes to keep me sane in between bouts of shawl knitting LOL. Also , blanket squares need to be doen this week, a pair of striped gloves and a balaclava.

Thursday, 12 March 2009

Aeolian shawl

This is from the freshly published new Spring Knitty, and I'm going to have a go. All 16 pages of it! Will be a lot more challenging than the Kauni shawl, but well worth a go.

The pattern is printing as I type, and I now have the delicious task of choosing the yarn..................I'll know it when I see it!

Tuesday, 3 March 2009


4 times I tried, but no luck; there's a mistake somewhere in the pattern, and after much pndering and working out with a paper and pencil, I couldn't find it. Bitterly disappointed, but it's gone, on the fire, a pile of ash now. Ho hum, lot of work went into the few inches I'd done, not to mention the 43 repeats of the lace panel for the edging! Will find another pattern later and re-start.

Monday, 2 March 2009


I seem to have made a msitake in the Shetland shawl. Not easy to rectify or find with 300 odd stitches, so pull it back it is, then :(


I cast this on yesterday morning, as the sun was shining...............ah well,a tleast he'll be ready for autumn LOL It's handspun Jacob, but I need to spin some more to complete it, but I made good ehadway with 3/4 of it done yesterday. I took it out on the tip run too LOL - not one to waste VKT* in the car. Another good reason for not driving, I think!

*VKT = Valuable Knitting Time